Two simple steps will guide you through altering a wedding dress and how to fix a low V-neck dress. To conceal the exposed wedding dress neckline section, you will use a fabric that coordinates with the dress.
If necessary, this post will also provide tricks that can be used to make wedding dresses more modest. Don’t hesitate to look around our blog for other tips or similar topics when discussing wedding gowns or if you have a question about how to fix a low V-neck dress.
The Best Ways to Modify a Wedding Dress with a Deep V-Neck:
Following are the ways how to alter a too deep v neck dress:
Put together a fabric that will go well with the others:
- You should pick a fabric that will hide the deep V-neckline.
- Consider the wedding dress’s style and fabric to avoid having the fabric stand out too much.
- Modesty can be added to the neckline in an understated manner with lace.
- The neckline of the bridal dress will determine how you cut the cloth.
- The covering size should be appropriate, and you should add half an inch to the joint.
- Think about it would fit over the area so the hem would sit above the proposed new neckline.
- Closing the gaps between the fabric would be a good idea.
Fix the extra fabric to the dress:
- The bridal gown should be turned inside out and set flat.
- Position the straight edge of the cover piece you constructed over the top of the wedding dress’s neckline and pin it.
- Modify the stitch width and length to suit your needs on the sewing machine.
- See what the machine stitches look like on leftover fabric so you can replicate the look on the bridal gown.
- Tie off the thread once you’ve sewed the coverage piece to the wedding dress’s lining.
- It’s time to reverse the dress.
- To make the privacy panel even more secure, find the neckline’s border and attach it to the strip.
- Clip the thread.
- Once you’re done, iron the wedding gown.
What do you do to cover up quickly the V-neck of your wedding dress?
Tape up that dress:
Double-sided fashion tape may be all you need if you want to wear a V-neck wedding dress but are uncomfortable showing too much skin. Tightening the dress’s straps against your skin will prevent the neckline from slipping or falling too low. Apply the tape directly to your chest where the dress neckline should sit. It is beneficial in altering deep v-neck dresses. Once the dress is on, the tape can be removed from the back, and the fabric can be pressed over it.
Wrapping It Up
Does this article answer your questions about how to alter a too-deep V-neck dress? You now know how to sew a fabric panel into the back of a wedding dress to make the V-neckline less plunging. If the V-neck of your dress is too low, you can quickly fix it by pulling the neckline up too.
It’s possible to preserve the V-neck design while using shorter dress straps that display less skin. You can shorten the dress by flipping it over and chopping off the straps in the back. Once you’re happy with the adjusted length, sew the straps back into position.
Looking for a professional alteration service for your wedding?